I have a Landlord-Tenant issue. Can the police help me?

The Anacortes Police Department cannot assist with Landlord-Tenant Act issues, to include a person not paying rent, a person failing to leave a rental property they have been living in after the lease has expired, and a person refusing to allow their landlord into a rented residence. Additionally, the Anacortes Police Department does not serve Landlord-Tenant Act related paperwork, such as eviction notices. Read more information regarding the Landlord-Tenant Act. The Skagit County Sheriff (SCSO) is responsible for civil Landlord-Tenant Act issues, to include evictions; you may view contact information for the SCSO Civil Division on their website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I arrange for a civil standby?
2. How do the Anacortes Police Department Use of Force polices align with national recommendations?
3. I have a Landlord-Tenant issue. Can the police help me?
4. What should I do about a violation of a parenting plan?
5. I am the victim of a telephone scam. What can I do?
6. How do I obtain a no-contact order against someone?
7. I saw something suspicious or witnessed a crime taking place. How soon should I contact the police?
8. I am interested in employment as a Police Officer. How do I begin the application process?