APRD Fall/Winter Recreation Programs
Like so many other Parks and Recreation Departments all over the country COVID-19 Pandemic has limited the type and amount of programs we have offered. We are able to offer a few programs and we encourage you to check back periodically to see what programs we have advertised. Here are few highlights:
- Youth Soccer Season Canceled
- Girls and Boys Basketball is on hold. The earliest we might be able to offer something would be after the first of the year. Check the Youth Basketball page for more information.
- Mt. Erie Run has gone virtual CLICK HERE to find out how to participate.
- Camp Active is a partnership between our department and ASD to get small groups of students out and moving around. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
- Kids Virtual Baking Class is being offered later this fall. CLICK HERE to sign up or more information.
- Haunted Run is Canceled
- Wonderland Walk at WA Park will look a lot different. More information to follow. If you have questions please email Travis Anderson.
Special Programs & Events
The Anacortes Parks and Recreation Department offers diverse community-wide programs to fulfill the recreational needs of youth, seniors and adults. The Parks Department publishes a quarterly schedule of events and classes entitled The Quarterly Menu. In addition, several other programming organizations and facilities advertise upcoming events. Special Programs and Events include seasonal parties or celebrations, school vacation activities, special youth events and family events. Examples include a bike rodeo, family films, mountain biking and road runs.
Youth activities include an extensive offering of youth sports leagues, a seasonal sailing program and various recreational classes. Adult activities include several recreational sports leagues and various recreational classes. For information call Anacortes Parks and Recreation at 360-293-1918 or email Dustin South.