Wildlife Problems

Animal Control Officers do not handle nuisance wildlife complaints. If you are having a problem with raccoons, skunks or other small animals, you have a few options. First is the USDA Wildlife Services, which can be privately contracted out to assist homeowners with trapping and disposal of nuisance wildlife. For more information visit USDA Wildlife Services.

Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators (NWCO)

The second option, Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators (NWCO), are trained and regulated by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. They provide assistance for services that Fish and Wildlife do not have the staffing and/or funding to provide itself. Because NWCO’s are private businesses, they normally charge a fee for their services. The full list, including Skagit County, can be found online at Nuisance Wildlife.

Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife

Another great resource for living with all wildlife is the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife website.