Barking Complaints

Animal Noise Control Ordinance

The City of Anacortes has an animal noise control ordinance that applies 24 hours a day. It is unlawful for any person to cause or allow to originate from the property frequent, repetitive, or continuous howling, barking or other noises made by any animal covered in this chapter which disturbs the peace and quiet of the surrounding area. See AMC Title 6 for more information.

Problem With a Barking Dog

If you are having a problem with a barking dog in your neighborhood, consider speaking to the dog owner first. Let them know how the barking is bothering you and allow them time to try and address the issue. If the problem persists and you need assistance from an Officer, please report the barking when it is in progress through dispatch by calling 911.