The Anacortes Fire Department is eager to educate and provide information to our community about the department, our services and fire and safety issues. Public Safety announcements are administered via local media.
The Department also provides the following programs:
The Fire Department welcomes many school and civic groups each year to tour our facilities.
Fire Stoppers is a juvenile fire-setter intervention program managed and administered by Division Chief Nick Walsh. Please contact the department to arrange an appointment when you have a need for this program.
Bicycle Helmet Program
In an effort to reduce head injuries from bicycle accidents and skate boarding, we provide helmets, free of charge, to members of our community who do not have a helmet. This program is supported by local service groups and North Region EMS & Trauma. To obtain a free bicycle helmet, accompany your child to the Fire Department at 1016 13th Street. One of the Firefighter/Paramedic will properly fit your child with a helmet.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - Your online resource for government recalls
- https://onlinedegrees.bradley.edu/resources/infographics/the-alarming-truth-behind-the-rising-mortality-rate-in-the-u-s/ - Information on maternal mortality rates
- https://www.safekids.org/coalition/safe-kids-northwest-wa - Keeping kids safe
- https://www.mesotheliomaguide.com/mesothelioma/ Asbestos related cancer
- https://www.claytonandclayton.com/home-baby-proofing-guide.php - Baby proof your home