Planning, Community, & Economic Development
- Development permit application review, issuance, and inspection.
- Administration and enforcement of of building, zoning, subdivision, shoreline, environmental and critical area codes.
- Processing of amendments to the Anacortes Comprehensive Plan, development regulations, and Official Zoning Map.
- Permit Application Forms and Checklists
- Submit an Application
- Please send applications in PDF format with a file and message size no greater than 30 MB. Please review our Electronic Document Submittal Guidelines for more information. An email with a link to a file share site (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) is acceptable.
- Building permit submittals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Land Use permit submittals: email@example.com
- Pay for a permit
- Pay online (The fee for online payments will be 2.75% of the total dollar amount or $1.00, whichever is greater. Online payments using ACH/e-check transactions will be $1.50 per transaction. The maximum payment amount per payment is $50,000. Multiple payments may be made.)
- If online payment is not an option, you can mail a check (including a copy of the invoice with permit number) to: City of Anacortes, PCED Department, PO Box 547, Anacortes, WA 98221.
Notice of Availability of the Draft 3 Update to the Critical Area Ordinance and associated documents. Read on...