Music and Manieri Jazz
Previous Events and Videos
- 5/12/21 - "In this three-part video presentation on the life and music of the one and only Thelonious Monk, hear saxophonist Brent and his colleagues in the “Monkstone Theocracy” quartet as they explore the Monk heritage. Between the performances, Brent explains Monk’s remarkable musical innovations and why he is seen as a founding genius in the jazz revolution that began in the nineteen forties."
- 5/9/21 - "The Manieri Jazz Endowment and The Jazz Project present Nelda Swiggett's Alaska Suite, a story of beauty, loss, and hope inspired by the impacts of climate change. "
- 4/14/21 - "Join us for Word Jazz, a unique collaboration between 3 local Poet Laureates and jazz musicians. Presented by Skagit River Poetry Foundation and the Manieri Jazz Endowment."
- 4/13/21 - "Seattle-based Duende Libre utilizes the American jazz tradition as a point of departure for daring explorations of folk and classical music from the Americas, Europe and Africa, yielding catchy melodies, lush harmonies, and wholehearted groove. Jazziz called Duende Libre’s music “a strikingly authentic blend” and Earshot Jazz wrote “Duende Libre is aural balm for the soul.”
- 12/30/20 - "Ring in the new year with “The Sound of a Dry Martini: Remembering Paul Desmond,” with Brent Jensen. This is the first of a series sponsored by the Manieri Endowment to continue in 2021."
- 1/20/21 - "Continue celebrating the new year with "The Sound of a Dry Martini: Remembering Paul Desmond, Part II" featuring Paul's music from the 1960s, presented by Brent Jensen."
- 2/25/21 - "Join us for the conclusion of our 3 part series "The Sound of a Dry Martini: Remembering Paul Desmond", with Brent Jensen. This is the third and final episode in the series sponsored by the Manieri Endowment, featuring Paul Desmond's music from the 1970's."